Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that if clicked on or the item is purchased I may receive a small compensation for.
I am so grateful to receive a Liebster Award Nomination! The purpose of this award is to share blogs that have a small following so they may grow their audience, and to nominate other bloggers so their great work may be recognized. For all those I have nominated (see below), you may find the official rules here.
Below are the bloggers I would like to nominate.
These writers have beautiful and inspiring blogs that truly deserve the recognition and opportunity to increase their audience so others may benefit from their encouraging work!
Rita at “Healthy Beat Skinny”
Tammy at “Grandma Mary Martha”
Melissa at “Humble Faith Family Wellness”
Marissa at “Marissa of the Seven Seas”
Susannah at “We Are The Lovely Ones”
If you all choose to accept this award, here are some questions for you so that others may get to know the minds behind your blogs!
- Where do you find inspiration for what you blog about?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Please share the mission of your blog?
- If you have a profession other than writing, what is it?
- What is your favorite food?
- Are you a dog or a cat person?
- Busy city life or quiet country life?
- Favorite place you ever travelled to?
- What is the best book you ever read?
- One important thing people should know about you?
- What is one skill you wish you possessed that you currently don’t?
Thank you to the gal who nominated me!
A wonderful writer with a beautiful blog, Shanisha at “Honestly Me,” nominated me. Thank you so much Shanisha! She discusses a variety of topics, and wants her blog to be an open journal of sorts for other women to relate to. In her words, “I do this for every girl, woman, and friend who find themselves at the crossroads of honesty and lies, fear and faith, aloneness and friendship.” Beautiful! Be sure to check her out at https://honestly.me
Shanisha has asked me to answer the following questions, so here you go!
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to? My husband! Now bare with me, this may sound selfish because since we’re married I would obviously then share in the money. But this way we could distribute the money to various people/organizations of our choosing. I call that strategy!
- Apple or Samsung? Apple! Only because it’s compatible with all my other technologies. I’m pretty tech illiterate!
- Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning and why? This is a tough one, because I don’t have children and therefore am not super familiar with the current education system. From what I know, I will say no. There seems to be too much emphasis on achieving high test scores so each school/state may trump others. Education should be focused on enhancing children’s basic knowledge and nurturing their curiosity and passions so they may become intelligent and influential adults.
- Why did you choose your blog name? A lot of pondering and prayer went into choosing the name “Simply Filled.” When I really delved into what I wanted the purpose of my blog to be, this simple title seemed perfect for my mission. Finding a life of abundance through gratitude for life’s beautiful simplicities. Basically, choosing to life a full life through simple living!
- What is your favorite movie? “You’ve Got Mail.” It’s just the cutest little love story!
- Why did you decide to start blogging? My love for writing has been in my heart since I was a child, and I decided I did not want to live my life wondering “what if I had actually pursued writing?” My main motivation is to spread the word of God to others so they may know His amazing love. I truly believe a lack of God is the main cause of many of the world’s problems. Whether I make a living with writing or not, I am pursuing something I love and hopefully inspiring others at the same time.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful and why? God’s love. Without it I would be nothing, I would not love others as great as I can, and I would not be able to do anything without Him!
- If you could travel to any place in the world where would you go and why? I would want to explore the entire state of Alaska! My husband and I love the outdoors, and Alaska seems like the perfect place to experience many of God’s various creations. The mountains, the ocean, and the vast array of wildlife. I can’t think of a place we would enjoy more!
- Where do you find inspiration when you have writer’s block? The bible. Truly it is filled with so many inspirational stories that I can always find even just a hint of something that relates to my life. And if I am going through it, I’m certain someone else is struggling with something similar that I maybe can provide some insight or help with.
- What is your favorite dish? Tiramisu! It comes from the Italian phrase “tirami su” which literally means “pick me up.” Seriously, a mixture of chocolate, liquor, and coffee, what more do you need?!
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters. Pray over your blog. God will always lead you in the right direction. Whether you’re scared, uncertain, uninspired, struggling with the technical side……God will give you everything you need to pursue writing in whatever way He has planned for your life. And His plans always lead to our best lives!
For the writer who has inspired me.
One writer that has inspired me in my writing from the beginning is Ann Voskamp. She is a well-known Christian author, blogger, wife and momma, and child of God. Her topics span the issues of fear, anxiety, doubt, family, hope, grace, gratitude, and abundance in life through God’s love. Her voice is beautiful, poetic, and she speaks about seeking a full life through unconventional means. Her book “One Thousand Gifts” on showing gratitude for all of God’s gifts will totally change your perspective on how much we can determine how full of a life we live. The sequel to that, “The Broken Way,” focuses on cherishing our own brokenness as this is the way we can best share love with others. These writings have not only inspired me in my own writing, but have inspired me in my life. Her perspective has greatly encouraged me to change mine, and the impacts on my personal happiness and relationships have been immense. Check out her beautiful work at http://annvoskamp.com.
So you can get to know me a little better, here are 10 tidbits about the gal behind Simply Filled!
- I will eat nutella right out of the jar #noshame
- I love classic country music, especially some Merle Haggard!
- Chocolate and coffee-2 things I will not compromise.
- And wine, did I mention wine?
- It took 7 months after meeting before my husband and I went on our first e (I love telling that story).
- 6. I’m a sucker for a good corny joke!
- 7. My first concert ever was Destiney’s Child (and it was AWESOME)!
- 8. Jesus lover, first and always.
- 9. I have a (possibly unhealthy) attachment to my chocolate lab, Bryan, and annoyingly post pictures of him frequently.
- 10. I’m an old-soul and appreciate all things vintage or old-fashioned.
Thank you so much again Shanisha for the nomination! To all of my nominees, thank you so much for all of your amazing work. Please let this nomination be encouragement for you to keep on writing!